Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pinterest

This site is great. Tons of ideas for everything you can imagine. Alot of our meal ideas from our Food Blog have come from ideas posted on pinterest. I am not very crafty, but am always up to attempt things, so I decided that this month I was going to find at least 2 or 3 fall/thanksgiving ideas that I have saved from pinterest and actually attempt them. However, since I am not very crafty and not confident of my craftyness I will be enlisting my mom to help to.. .hopefully she is willing.

One of the projects is a Thanks Keepsake. I wanted something that could turn into a family tradition for this time of year... and what better time to start then our first Thanksgiving as a married couple :-) I wanted something where each year during the month of November every member of the family could add a thanks they have every day and also see what they put the years before. See how what we are thankful for changes each year. It would be a great reminder of events going on in our lives. For instance one thing I am thankful for this year is in laws who let us live with them. This isn't something I will always be thankful for, because we won't always be living with them, so years down the road when I read that card I will be able to remember how wonderful it was to not have to stress about paying rent :-) Here is the project I am going to attempt: Gratitude Board

The second item I want to attempt actually seems pretty easy and versible. It is kind of a mix between a bunch of different pinterest posts I have seen. Here is the main one I am focusing on. I am going to make 2 or 3 of the frames. And then many different pages and just switch them out for different season/holidays/etc. To start going to make some sheets that say: Weekly Menu (4 seasons worth), TO DO (4 seasons worth), Days Until (4 seasons worth), Give Thanks, Christmas Countdown, Happy Birthday, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. That should keep me going for awhile. I can always make new ones as I see the need. Then I can just change them out of the frames.

the third idea I am going to make is a centerpiece that uses these. These would be neat in the middle of the table with some small tealights next to them for Thanksgiving. I am not going to put the wheat in them till we actually use them for Turkey Day... I am afraid Prince and Jasmine will think the wheat is their dinner....

Keep checking back to check the process of these items. Hopefully they actually get completed. I can't wait!

No comments: