Sunday, November 20, 2011

DIY Snowflake Wreath

Last year, for my wedding,  we bought these plastic snowflake ornaments to decorate the christmas tress already up at the church:

Chad watching his bride walk down the aisle... and one of my nephews.
The snowflakes and the white lights we put on the trees really added some light and color.
After the wedding, we split up the ornaments to whoever wanted them.  I ended up with 2 boxes.  I knew I probably wouldn't put them on my tree, but knew I wanted to do something with them... Here is what I came up with:




You need a white, flat foam wreath.  Some plastic snowflakes (you can get them at the dollar store or craft stores).  And a hot glue gun.

Just start gluing the snowflakes around the wreath

After you go all the way around once, start a second row that is off center from the first row.

Keep going around till you either run out of snowflakes or like how it looks.

One side complete!  You can either stop here (skip the next step) or flip it over and add more.  I had two different snowflake designs and didn't want to mix them, so I did one design on one side and one on the other... One of them is more shiny than the other and depending on where I display the wreath, I can choose the side that looks better.

Side 2 complete.

Tie a ribbon around it.  I cut a slit in the top of the ribbon so it would lay flat. 

 This is the first time I have made a wreath.  I have another wreath project to do, but I am having trouble finding one of the parts of it, so stay tuned for that. Tip Junkie handmade projects

3 comments:

TRICIA said...

Congrats on your first wreath! Looks great!
makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

Kristina Burke said...

Thank you!

Just Jaime said...

Love how pretty and full it is!