Saturday, November 19, 2011

So much done, but so much to go....

This weekend was/is a plan, clean, organize, finish projects weekend.... and a keurig drinking weekend....


Looking at this picture, you would think i was almost done.  Nice, clean, organized, everything where it supposed to be (although in that file storage there is the paper for my xmas letter, which is not done yet.)  See my coffee cup?  Right now it has Hot Apple Cider made with my Keurig.  We bought some new Kcups this week and I cleaned out the Keurig yesterday and I have been enjoying it since.  Last night I had some Sleepytime Herbal Tea.  This morning some Gloria Jeans Mudslide Coffee.  This afternoon some Pomegranate Green Tea and now the Hot Apple Cider... What's your favorite Kcup?  We are trying to taste them all!






However, here you see the rest!  Yes, we have our Christmas decorations up.  That was last weekends project.  We have the tree up, with lights and ornaments.  Lights around the windows, across the ceiling, and around 2 of the 3 doors in our living space (the bathroom door does not have any there isn't enough room.)  The 3 stockings are even hung (Chads, mine and the cats).  What you don't see is the advent table, which is in our bedroom.  I will show these later.  But we have a little tree with lights.  This is our Jesse Tree, which won't have ornaments on it till advent starts (and till I finish them!)  We also have our advent wreath, with 4 of the 5 candles needed (I can't find our white pillar, will need to buy a new one this week), which will be lit during our advent devotion time.  By the way... advent starts November 27th, a week from tomorrow... are you ready?  Besides the two advent activities mentioned above, we will have an advent calendar with activities in each box.  (which I also haven't finished, waiting for part of it to arrive.)

Back to the photo..... You can't tell, but the rest of the living space is picked up.  I had bags and projects to do everywhere.  Tomorrow, I will do the actually cleaning-dusting, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, laundry, etc.  But today I went through and straightened and picked up.  This was my first week actually working (I nanny my adorable 3 month old nephew) 3 days a week... Gonna have to tweak my schedules and todo list to match my new busyness.  Anyways, alot of stuff didn't get done because I just didn't have the time I normally do.  So today I went through and emptied and put away stuff from my errand runs.  Our table (that is thankfully blocked by my file organizer) is where I moved the Keurig too.  It was up on the fridge, but that has now been blocked by the Christmas tree.  Along with our mugs and fixings, so we can enjoy it.  And all my craft projects I am working on are there too.  This is tomorrows project as well, to finish what I can and straightened what I am still missing pieces too.  On my desk is what I am hoping to get through with my remaining 2 hours of "work" time today.  Most of it I just need to put where it belongs. 

I did finally order our wedding picture.... we are going to take a picture each anniversary holding the one from the year before... so I need it to get here before we go out of town for our anniversary.  And our christmas cards are on the way.  I am going to try and have the labels, the letter, and the stamps all ready so that as soon they arrive I can finish them and be ready to mail them when the time comes.

Got some good posts coming, so stay tuned!!

No comments: