Sunday, November 20, 2011

Jesse Tree

I finished a project!!!  One of many I am working on finishing this weekend.  The best part of this project.... it cost me $0 dollars to do.  All it took was time.

First of all if you don't know what a Jesse Tree is... check this page out or this one!

Chad and I have been looking into some traditions to start for our family, this is one we are looking into.

Here is our advent center.  It is on a nightstand in our bedroom.  You can see we have our advent wreath and a little nativity.  The tree has colored lights, but next year I might buy some white ones.  But since I spent $0 I couldn't buy some this year.

I got the pages with these on them from this site.  I colored them with colored pencils and then cut them out.  They provide shapes to help you cut them out, but I didn't take the time to fit them up, I just cut them freehand.
Then I hole punched each one.



Then I added some ribbon that I got from my mother.  You can use whatever you want to hang them.  I don't like using a lot of hooks on our tree, because of the cats.  So I usually use ribbon so I can hang them on the branches.

I don't think they turned out bad considering I am not very good at coloring, cutting, or craftyness in general.

We printed out the devotionals to go along with the ornaments.  The plan is to spend a few minutes before bed going lighting the advent candle, going through the devotional, and hanging the ornament... I will tell you how it goes after Christmas.

Remember advent starts November 27th.... are you ready? http://armyofvirtues.blogspot.com/2011/11/diy-snowflake-wreath.html

No comments: