Saturday, November 12, 2011

Beautiful in God's Eyes: Chapter 2

Beautiful in God's Eyes: Chapter 2 by Elizabeth George

HER VALUE
This is a rather short chapter, but it is good.  It talks about the P31 woman's value. And the How-To's... yeah I got some work to do :-)

"Her price is much higher than jewels.: (proverbs 31:10

The P31 woman was a sparkling jewel in her husband's life.  She brought the love, the color, the joy, the life, and the energy to the home. (p24)  Wow, I want this.  I want to be so valuable that my husband notices.  On earth... there is no opinion I value more than that of my husband.  And what greater opinion could he give me then to tell me that I am the color of his life.  That his energy comes from me.  That his joy comes from me.  I mean how would you feel if your husband told you that? 

The How-To's of Beauty

 "I am to supply beauty in the lives of my husband and children as we struggle through life together.  I am to light up the home with sparkle no matter how hard times are." (p24)  That's a big order! How can I possible get there?

1. Grow in practical skills including:
-homemaking- cooking, cleaning
-money management- personal finances, budgets, stocks, investments, debt management, paying bills, managing a checkbook, saving
-time management

2. Grow in emotional stability.  "Your emotions set the standard and the tone for your home (p26).
Oh uh... you mean me stressing out and pacing back in forth because we are late for meeting my parents for dinner (like I did tonight) is going to, in turn, stress my husband up (and probably make him feel guilty because it he was what was holding us up!)  I don't want to stress my husband out, especially not over something small like being a few minutes late to dinner.  My husband is currently in nursing school... that is enough stress for him right now! 

-Emotional stability is what gives every soldier in every army the invaluable ability to continue on when the going is tough.  It is the soldier's ability to persevere.

Including:
-mastering your temper.  The P31 woman nurtures a peaceful heart, knows how to wait, does not strive, restrains her spirit.
-master your tongue.  The p31 woman speaks less often, speaks only after thinking about what she is going to say, speaks only what is wise and kind.

These two traits- your character and the skills that reflect that character- are so desirable to Him and so valuable to others.

A note for all the "single ladies" out there:  working to become the P31 woman is not something that has to wait till you are married.  It is something you can begin while your are single.  Remember, this is God's idea of beauty.  This is his idea of what women should be.  Yes, you won't have a husband and children to take care of and to make their life better.  But, mastering these skills and traits (or at least beginning to master them) will help you later on in life. I know many women who got married and didn't know how to do laundry..or cook!  How many people don't know how to manage a checkbook.  How many people enter into a marriage with debt.  Becoming a P31 woman is a tall order.  I urge you if you single and desire to become a P31 woman... start now.. learn the practical skills, work on mastering your tongue and temper... if you succeed before your married... then you will be able to have conversations with your husband without them turning into yelling matches.  God doesn't call just married women to become the P31 woman... it is His idea for ALL women.

Next Chapter: HER LOYALTY
Just now joining me with this devotional?  Start your journey at Chapter 1.

No comments: