Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Coupons

I am not that good at using coupons...  I spend the time to cut them out of the paper, but they were just getting stuffed in a file folder that was very full.  Then I would either not want to take the time to go through them, or I would go through them only to find that the ones I wanted were expired....


Not anymore....

These are all the things that were either expired or I just didn't need anymore.  The envelopes were part of my old system.
First I sorted everything by whatever store it was from or if it was a food coupon.  Then I sorted the food coupons by expiration date.
I got a binder and put some page protectors in it and then slid the coupons in.  Each store got its own page.  The food coupons went in the back by expiration date.
I know some people use business card or sticker holder sheets but I had a huge box of these page protectors so thought I would use them.  I also had the binder, so this project cost me $0.  I don't really have that many coupons that I think I need to spend the money for the other sheets.  I am ok if they slide around a bit in their sheet.

Now I just have to flip through the pages to see the coupons and since I did them by expiration date, once a page expires I can just open the binder and slide the page out and add it to the back.  This whole project took maybe an hour.  I managed to get it done while Donovan (my nephew that I watch 3 days a week) took a nap... along with some other things.

No comments: