Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The feeling of Accomplishment and Advent Calendar Help

Wow am I tired.  But the good tired... the "I got so much done today" tired.  And I did.  I think I ran about 15 errands today and got a big chunk of the stuff we needed (and some stuff we didn't....) and I am just exhausted.  But also excited... I have almost everything I need for some projects I am working on. 

I finally got the board for the Thanks board.... just need to find some coin envelopes (hoping the office store has them).  I am trying to get this project done by Sunday.

I couldn't find clothespins already painted.. and I didn't want to have to paint some, so I ordered some green and red ones online...other than that I have everything I need for our Christmas Card Wreath.

I ordered a 3D countdown box for the advent calendar I am making... and I now have the rest of the supplies.

I have everything for the Dry Erase Frames (they are actually all done, except for the letters), Just need to get to my mom's to use her cricuit for the letters.

Bought the rest of the file folders needed for my weekly folders and I also bought an upright file sorter that will sit on my desk. 

I also ordered more sheet protectors for the recipe book so I can get working on those again.

As a special treat I bought Chad and I some jumbo stockings... along with some goodies to fill it with.

Today, I also changed the batteries in the christmas ornaments that were dead.  Bought some more poster tape so I can finish putting up the pictures and even bought some little clips to hang lights on our wall.

Oh yes, Chad and I also finally decided on our insurance for next year.

Still need a few things, but I got mostly everything.  Tomorrow's plan is to pay bills and work on the recipe book while watching my nephew and then when I get home to organize and clean my desk.

I do need your help though..... for the advent calendar we want to put pay it forward cards inside... For instance "Do something nice for a stranger today."  "Complete a task for your spouse (that you know they need done) without them asking." "Let someone cut in front of you in line today." "Hold the door open for someone."  "Rake/Shovel a neighbor's yard/driveway." "Send a card to someone going through a hard time."  "Pray"  Things like that.... we are on a very tight budget with no extra money, so things that don't cost are preferred... Anyways, I would like to hear your ideas... we need 25 after all.

No comments: