Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Tired Tuesday

It's late and I am tired, so this should be short.  I just wanted to comment about something.  I have started posting pictures with this blog and my other blog... Which I think really adds something to the blog.  However, the photos probably won't be the greatest quality.  The reason?  Well 2 reasons really... 1) I have been taking them with my old small Olympus camera instead of the big, bulky Sony.  The Olympus is just easier to tote around and that means I am more likely to take pictures.  For instance, my wonderful sister called me today and said she was interesting in doing one of the Dry Erase Frames on my project list too and asked if I wanted to work on them while I am at her house this Friday... absolutely!  It's always more fun to do projects with others.  I would like to take pictures of our process so I can blog about it... so you all can see how it goes.  But, I don't want lug the Sony around.  I usually take a lot with me to her house because I plan on getting stuff done, though I usually don't get anything done but quality time with my nephew, Dvan (which is more important anyways).  So I don't want to have to worry about a big camera either.  The Olympus fits nicely in my purse.  A drawback of this is... it doesn't take that great of pictures.  Hence, bad quality reason number one.

Second reason?  I could edit and photoshoppe them and make the pictures look much better... But, I don't want to spend the time.  I blog when inspiration hits or at least when I feel I have something interesting to say.  So I want to be able to snap the picture, post it, blog and continue on with my day.  I don't want to worry about making them gallery quality.  I could say that someday I will go back and edit them... but I know I won't and I think that takes away the "now" feel of blogging.  If you go back and change things... then your changing the essence of the post (at least in my opinion).  So, bad quality reason number two.



With that said... here are two photos that should explain why my to-do list is continually 20+ items long....


See a while back we bought this great L shaped glass desk.  I was so happy... more space to spread out my stuff and get work done.  Well apparently Jasmine and Prince thought it meant more space for them to spread out.  The side Jasmine is sitting on is the side that faces the TV/living room area...I usually use this part to do my homework...That is my ASL book she is using as a pillow. (Note you can also see the big bulky Sony camera bag she is resting her back end against... see why I don't want to carry it around!) Prince is laying on the other end- where my computer is.  I use this side to sit my planner (you can kind of see the orangish binder behind him) and take notes while looking up things on the computer... paying bills on the computer.. entering stuff in Quicken.  (You can also see the Olympus camera case in front of my monitor... see the difference?!).  And in both these pictures (taken a few second after each other) they had just laid down... a few minutes later they were both sprawled out on their respective desk cutting my work space down even more.  But, when you have adorable "kids" like these you can't really blame a girl for being unproductive... can you?

Just to give you a little hint about what is still (hopefully) to come this week regarding blog posts.... I have been working on some more ideas for my FCS and will be implementing them and updating you on my progress.  Also, as mentioned my sister and I will be attempting some Dry Erase Frames... Also, thanks to my mom (and by extension my sister who gave them to my mom) I have some paint for my Thanks Board so I might try and get that started this weekend.  My dad is coming over this coming Saturday to help me attach my mirrors to my dresser and he is (hopefully) bringing his stud finder so I can finish hanging pictures.  If that gets done, I will do a post about our living space (since with the exception of lights and curtains on the closets) will finally be finished.  I would like to share with you some of the ways we have optimized our very small space and how we turned a partially finished basement into a home.  As well as share with you some of my ideas of future plans for the space.  Most of you might not care, but maybe you will one day find yourself living in a small space too and need some ideas.  Or maybe you will find some organizing ideas you want to implement.

Over on the Burke Family Foodies  I will be adding this weeks menu and 2 new recipes.  And maybe a post about Thanksgiving and Christmas food ideas in the works.

Well it is, of course, even later now than when I started this post, so I am off to dreamland (speaking of dreamland I think Chad and I are watching too much Terra Nova... I dreamed I was there the other night... totally creeped me out... I am a totally Sci Fi/alternate reality fan but I like my modern comforts too much to have to live there- yes I know they have awesome tech on the show, but I still wouldn't want to have to worry about being attack by a dinosaur if I left the compound!)

No comments: