Saturday, September 03, 2011

Pinterest

So I am addicted to this site... It's great and I love the idea. Since so much more is online then in print these days (which is sad, but that's another story) it is nice to be able to have a place to "pin" stuff you find on the internet, without have thousands of bookmarks. I was always one that would go through magazines and rip things out that I liked, or wanted to try... this site allows me to do that with things I find on the web. Love it. Found a lot of great recipes... I think we are trying 5 of them this week. Also, Chad continually asks me if I like things for our house (we have decided that once he is done with school, we will buy a starter house and then in about 5 years build our own on a nice bit of land) and so now I created a board on pinterest with things I like for our house-- he is thrilled because he didn't feel like I was excited about it before. Anyways, it's a great site. Check it out... But I am warning you, it's addicting. Not only do I go through all the new pins of people I am following, but I also log out and go through the random boards the site posts. Love it!

2 comments:

jvalh06 said...

I just discovered a couple of days ago that you don't have to log out to go through all of the other pins for people you're not following. Just below where it says Pinterest in the upper left corner of the page, you can click on where it says "Everything" and that will bring you to the page that it brings you to if you're not logged in. I don't know how it took me so long to figure that out, but I'm happy I did. The site is seriously addicting. I haven't decided yet if that is a good thing or not. I might need to impose non-pinterest days for myself.

Kristina Burke said...

Oh wow, thanks, now I don't have to take all the time to log out... open pins in new windows... log in, refresh and repin every single one. Thanks for the tip!

And I have decided that I can keep using it as long as I implement some of the ideas... my first stage of implementing was creating a food blog for when we do recipes. See it here (http://burkefamilyfoodies.blogspot.com/)