Tuesday, October 16, 2012

31 days of fitness- Day 16-Technology Tuesday- Iphone Apps

Technology Tuesday- Iphone Apps

I have a few apps that I use on my phone, that I really think help me a lot.

The first, of course, is my bodybugg app. This app lets me check my progress throughout the day.  You can log your food on the app, but it's much harder... I just wait till I get home and log it all at once, after dinner.    But you can still see your activity, steps, calories consumed, and calories burned.

The second is MyNetDiary.  This app is what I used to track everything, before I got my bodybugg.  I don't use it that much anymore.  But I still do occasionally, when my bodybugg food database doesn't have what I need in it.  The MyNetDiary has a much more extensive food databas.  You can also track your exercises and weight.

The third is  Pedometer Ultimate.  This is what I use to track my walks.  You can set daily goals (like 3.1 miles) and it will give you an alert when you hit 30,60,and 90%.  It also tells you when you have hit 1, 2, 3, etc miles.  And every once a while it tells you how many calories you have burned.  It has a lot of options, I don't use, but I really like it.

Another good one is  the Nike+ Running app.  I don't use this as much, but I do like how if you have it linked to your facebook, it will post status updates for you during your walk/run and your friends can like and cheer you on and it will tell you in app, what they said.

Now it's your turn... what apps do you use and why?

No comments: