Wednesday, October 03, 2012

31 days of Fitness- Day 3- Wednesday Words-

TRUTH!


You don't have to run, walk, jump, swim, pedal, or lift fast, just do it.  My reason for waiting so long to exercise again (besides my feet) was because I thought I would be so much slower than everyone else, and look horrible while doing it (and I do look horrible- especially during zumba- look like a fish out of water!) But that was just laziness.  No one cares if I look bad when I walk, or exercise... and if they do... then they aren't people whose opinions I should be caring about. When I started walking I was walking like 2.4 miles per hour... Now I am up to 3.4 or even 3.6 on a few days.  The more you do something, the better you will get.  And just getting up and moving already makes you better than all those people just sitting at home doing nothing.  I still look horrible, but at least I am moving!

An exercise I recommend... it taking some time to write down your reasons for getting healthy- be able to keep up with your kids, walk your dog instead of the dog walking you, look great in a swimming suit, etc.  Whatever it is, write it down.  Write down as many reasons as you can think of.  Then display them somewhere, where you will see it every day when you need that extra bit of motivation.  Suggestions: Near the scale, so when the numbers aren't what you like you keep going instead of giving up.  Near the mirror, so when you don't like what you see, you see your reasons to keep going.  Near the tv... so when you would rather sit and do nothing, you see your reasons for getting up and doing something.  It will make all the difference on those off days, trust me!

Now it's your turn....what is your biggest excuse for not getting off the couch to improve your life?

No comments: