Thursday, October 11, 2012

31 days of fitness- Day 11- Thursday Tips- Nutrition





Today, let's talk about nutrition.  If you want an effective workout, then balanced nutrition is essential.



 I can attest to the truth of most of this.  My first few weeks I was doing horrible with recovery... I was sore and achy and one week I literally felt like I got hit by a truck and couldn't do anything for three days.

I usually eat a meal about 30 minutes before my workouts- our meals have been pretty balanced, especially breakfast and they have enough protein to get me through.  Also, I have a protein shake after my workouts.  Plus, I drink at least 16 ounces or water during a workout and 16 ounces after to help with hydration.

I rarely use sports drinks.  I also usually eat my lunch about an hour after my workouts, which again are pretty balanced, and help replinish my nuterients.

Now it's your turn... what are your favorite pre and post workout snacks?


No comments: