Thursday, October 04, 2012

31 Days of Fitness- Day 4- Thursday Tips - Caffeine

Today, I want to share with you two infographics that I find interesting.

The First is 15 things you should know about caffeine.


15 Things Your Should Know about Caffeine
Via: Homeowners Insurance

I drink soda maybe 2 times a month- usually when we go out to dinner.  Coffee- is an occasional treat for me- usually on days I sub and need a little help waking up.  I love tea and I don't drink it nearly as much as I want.  Most of the caffeine I ingest comes from the caffeine in the food I eat.

Coffee and Tea are 2 of the top forms of caffeine (soda being the third), let's take a closer look at them.


As I already mentioned, I don't drink that much coffee.. when I do, I think I toss out all the health benefits because it's more like I drink cream and sugar mixed with a little coffee... Serisouly it has to be tan color for me to drink it.

As for tea... My favorite is Chai Tea (which is a black tea), but I also love White Tea and Oolong Tea, and some green teas.

The important thing to remember here is that whether you drink coffee, tea, or other caffeine is not the issue... how much you drink is.  As with anything in life, MODERATION is KEY!  Limiting the amount your drink is important.

My suggestion: Don't drink any coffee, tea, or soda till after you have drank the needed amount of water in a day (post about this coming soon!).  Or use coffee, tea, and soda as rewards for completing your exercise that day, or only when you go out (unless you eat out for every meal, in which case, maybe consider drinking water with your meals so you can get enough water to flush out the not so healthy food and counteract all the sodium in meals).

Now it's your turn..... do you drink coffee, tea, or soda?  If so, how much?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great information, and relevant to some questions I've had! Thanks

Kristina Burke said...

I am great the information helped you! Keep reading, maybe some more of your questions will be answered!