Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Binder Series-Menu Planning

Time for another binder from my Binder Series.  If you would like to see previous binders, you can check them out here. This series will continue for at least December and Janurary.
This week's binder is my MENU PLANNING binder.  This was my favorite, and most needed, to create.  I do all the menu planning in our household (and cooking too...).  I will use this binder and my Recipe Binders to help be better organized when it comes to our menus.

I do not know where this cover came from... if someone knows, please let me know so I can give them credit!  I used a pretty green binder (maybe to help me remember to schedule some good healthy, veggie-full, meals!).

The first item in my binder was a monthly calendar.  These are from Nest Effect, I love the colors she uses on her calenders and they are nice, simple, and big boxes.  We have one of these calendars up on display on my command center (which I will talk about in December).  But, that one has everything from bills due, to birthdays/anniversaries, and our schedules.  I wanted to have one here so I can just put things that will affect our menu- holidays and special occasions, schedules (will I be home to cook).  Etc.  I have one for each year in a little pocket sleeve that I can just have the one for that month showing.

Next is a sleeve full of these weekly menus.  I have created this document and have been using it for a few months now.  It is very simple, and maybe at some point down the road I will make it more appealing, but it works great for me right now.  If you want your own copy, you can get one by clicking here.  I have printed a bunch of these, and will print more when I run out.  I use one of these every week.

If you want to know how I plan the menu, you can read my post about it.  I try and plan menus for the next month, about half way through the current month.  This helps us to be able to grocery shopping when there are sales and when we are free.  We usually shop twice a month for groceries.

Next I have a bunch of inventory sheets.  I have sheets for the Fridge, Pantry, Freezer, and Household food (spices, condiments, premade meals etc.)  These are from Clean Mama Printables.  I haven't used them yet, but I think it will really help cut down on the time I spend creating my grocery lists, so I will start using them in the new year.

Come back on Thursday to see the rest of this binder!

Now it's your turn- How do you go about planning your meals for your family?  Or do you not plan at all?


This post was shared on:






1 comment:

Betsy @ Romance on a Dime said...

I used to keep my menu plan in a binder, but now I just hang it on the fridge each week. I do put it in a protective sheet though. Thanks for sharing this idea at Romance on a dime!!