Thursday, November 08, 2012

Binder Series- Finances- Part 2

Welcome Back!

Still to cover- Bills and Debt!
See Part 1 here.  


1. Bill payment Checklist.  From Clean Mama.  Nest Effect has a great one too... I just like the vertical one from Clean Mama better than the horizontal one from Nest Effect.
 Here you can keep track of how much you pay on each bill and when, each month.  I love checking off a paid bill!

2. Irregular payments from Nest Effect.  This is great for keeping track of annual and semi annual payments.  Or subscriptions that need to be renewed at certain times.

This is probably my biggest section of my binder, I am sad to say.  But not for long.  We are doing Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace Plan.  Step 1 is an emergency fund, we had one, but after being unemployed for 18 months, it disappeared.  That will change hopefully before the end of 2012.  Step 2 is Debt Snowball.  That is where this section of my binder will start to disappear!

1. Is Debt repayment plan from Nest Effect.  Here you can keep track of all debts along with minimum payments, current payments (if your doing debt snowball this will be different than minimum payments for your lowest debt) and estimated payoff date.

2. I also have loan repayment logs from Nest Effect for each of our medical debts, or debts that don't fit into the other categories (coming soon).

1.  Credit Card Overview from nest effect.  keep track of all your credit cards, with balances and due dates and contact info.
2. Credit Card repayment logs for each credit cards we have balances on... only 2 thanksfully, one being a health care card.



This section makes me physically sick.  We have so many student loans.
1. Student loan overview from Nest Effect.  Keep track of each loan with balance, due dates, and contact info.
2. Student Loan Repayment log from Nest Effect.  One for each student loan

1. Loan Overview sheet for due dates, balance, and contact info
2. Loan repayment log for each loan.  Only 1 in this section, but most of our debt is student loans or medical bills

Well that is my finance binder.  I am very happy with it and really think it will help me be more organized in 2013.

I am always looking for suggestions... Do you think I am missing anything from my finance binder?  What would you add?

No comments: