Thursday, January 31, 2013

Journals/Magazines

I have mentioned before that I read quite alot of magazines.  Usually when I get 4 or 5, I spend one evening (usually while catching up on some shows) going through them.  I tear out articles I like, along with recipes I want to try.  The recipes go into the recipe binder (or will when that project gets worked on, right now they go in a drawer).

The articles end up in my journals.  I use just plain notebooks for my journals. 

I put ticket stubs to events we do, along with some notes.

I also put in the articles I clip out of the magazines.  I usually write something about the article too, to help me remember why I kept the article.
I have completed three of these notebooks so far (I just started last year).  My fourth is almost full, and whenever I get around to work on them again I have enough articles clipped out to probably fill a fifth.When they get full they go on top of the big file cabinet where our photo albums are.  I frequently pull them out to look through them again, to see if there is any projects I want to tackle. 

I like the fact that instead of 1,000s of magazines laying around, I only have a few notebooks.  And its always fun to go back and look over what I put in.



How do you organize the articles and magazines you get?

No comments: