Thursday, January 17, 2013

File Cabinet System Update

My FCS has changed alot since I started it here....

It is still pretty close to the revamp I did last year.

With the new year I made a few changes. I moved the 2012 folders to the back, which brought the 2013 folders to the front.  I also added a "business taxes" folder to the tax folder.  I think we have determined that I am an independent contracted nanny- since I am responsible for my own taxes, but I can still count as business expenses any supplies and materials I buy... I think... we are still working through this, but I wanted to have the folder ready to put receipts in so I am ready if I need them. 

Also, I am not sure if I mentioned it already or  not, but I moved all the monthly/yearly folders to the top drawer where they will stay  (if they fit).  The bottom drawer has my folder with the address labels and a printed copy of our address list, then holday and seasonal stuff behind it- printables, advent stuff, special activities, etc.  Anything printed that I can use with my Holidays/Special Occasions Binder.  When I do my monthly seasons planning, I will add what I plan to use to the Binder so its there, but any extras or stuff I choose not to use this year, but might the next, will go in the files.  Actual decorations are in boxes and totes.  But the files will be used for paper products, printables, possible activity instructions, etc.  I also keep extra hanging folders in the back of this drawer- I bought a lot at a estate sale and needed a place to store them till they get used.

Other than that my FCS has remained the same.  I am really happy with the set up. Everything is right where I need it.  My Desktop organization has changed some, but I will share that in a latter post!

Feel free to ask any questions about organizing, my FCS, or anything else in the comments section, I would love to answer them.

No comments: