Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Binder Series- Business Binder/Nanny Binder

 Today's Binder is my Business Binder.... Right now it only has my paperwork and notes for the family I work for as a nanny... but sometime this year I plan to start an at home business too.


 First of all, I always keep coloring pages and other worksheets (handwriting practice, etc) in the front pocket.  The kids I nanny love to color, so I like to keep a few extras in case we are having one of those days where we are stuck inside and everything there seems boring.  The internet is great for finding free coloring pages for any theme you want.

The first section is my planning and calendar pages.  I use the Business set from The Nest Effect for this binder, mostly.  On this annual planner page I keep track of the dates I work and what our theme is that week.  Right now we are doing a theme on the Letter A.  We will finish that this week and start Letter B next week.
Behind the annual planner page I keep monthly calenders.  I write my hours along with activity lists here.

Behind that I keep track of the actual hours I work, total hours, and when I was paid.  This will come in handy come tax time.
The next tabbed sections is the tracking page I fill out during the day.  I adapted this sheet from one I found on the internet, I changed it to fit the family I work for.  Here I can write down what we ate, when diapers and bottles were given to the little one, when naps where, what we did, and anything else.  I work 10-12 hours every day I work, and it is hard to remember  everything that went on that I need to tell the parents.
Next is a tabbed section where I put all the activity sheets we do. 
The last section is just info... my contract, my duties, etc. 

In the back pocket I keep some little books we are currently reading out of.

I take this binder with me every day I go to work.  It is nice to have all of our activities and information in one place.  I fill out a tracking sheet and leave it there when I leave, so they can read it over when they have time.

Eventually more sections will be added when I start my business.  I had thought of given each there one binder, but for now I will keep them together.

As I mentioned earlier we are learning about the letter A right now.  Come back Thursday and I will share some of our activities. 



No comments: