Saturday, January 26, 2013

Desktop Organization



I don't like to keep a lot of stuff on my desk... makes it feel cluttered.  But I like to have the items I need close at hand.

One way I managed to meet both my needs... was to set my small file cabinet (the one I use the most) up right next to my desk.  On top of it I have this organizer I got from Costco. (side note my MIL just picked one up and I am trying to talk her into trading me... mine has 3 horizontal and 3 vertical sections.. her's has 5 of each!)  First of all, I clip my monthly calendar to the front. Even though I have my planner close by too (see picture below), it is much faster to look on here sometimes, and I don't have to flip away from my daily to do list to check a date. 

In the horizontal files I keep extra computer paper in the bottom, magazines that I need to go through go in the middle, and bills, receipts and papers I need to go through go in the top one.  You can see it's mostly empty... that's because I am writing this on Monday and I go through it all on Sundays!  The front vertical files has my fitness  guides. I decided these needed to be by my desk so they were close at hand when it came time to plan my workouts.  The middle section has a folder for handy info (papers I need to have access to so they can't be filed away yet), a folder for wants/needs that need to be budgeted for (tires for the cars, magazines I want to renew, etc.) The back section is where I keep this month's folder to file papers away.  At the end of the month it goes in the file cabinet and the next month goes there. 

Behind my organizer is my cricuit, some Cd's I need to burn to the computer and the box that holds my greeting cards.

The main part of my desk is mostly empty, at least the main part.  On the shelf that holds my monitor is my meds, some misc things, and a bit that is holding projects I am working on.  Below the shelf is hole punchers and things.


This is the other part of my desk ( have an L shaped desk... the printer is in the corner).  Here I keep my planner, my coral for office supplies, and a stack of books I am currently reading... yes I read 4 at a time.

I love having my desk organized, it just makes things go more smoothly.




1 comment:

Sage Grayson said...

My desk is a lot like yours (L shape, printer in the corner). I don't like having too much stuff cluttering up my desk either. I need to have a large, clear area to work at.

Oh, and I'm reading 3 books at the same time. How can some people only read one at a time? :)