Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Musings

Welcome to a new feature (in testing) of my blog.... Monday Musings.  I haven't been consistent with posting so I am hoping this will help.  Each Monday I will post about things currently on my mind.  Could be a recipe I want to try, could be something cool I found on the internet, could be something from church this past weekend, could be about my crazy schedule.  We shall see.

April 16, 2012 Monday Musings:

1. My blog about my file system re-do was featured as a Top 5 feature on the Organized Homelife Blog.  Awesome.

2. That same post is now on pinterest, which makes two of my posts on pinterest. (1 and 2).

3. I worked my first estate sale this past weekend, which is part of my new job.  I am exhausted.  I have done garage sales before (and twice a year we do a big one at local school, which is insane) but this was beyond crazy.  I am literally dead on my feet.  And speaking of feet, they were so swollen last night that after I took my shoes off and took a shower, I couldn't even put flip flops on all the way....

4.  This past weekend made me realize just how out of shape I am.  Must get going with the walking and zumba again soon!

5. Chad and I have added reading a chapter out of a book together, along with our nightly devotions and I am loving it.  We are currently alternating between a relationship book and Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover book.  I love this hour we spend together every evening, and I think it is strengthening our relationship.

6. Speaking of Chad, I am really worried about him.  He has some medical stuff going on and we aren't sure what exactly the problem is.... he goes to the doctor tomorrow, so prayers and good thoughts are most welcomed. 

7.  I am not a big sports person, but I am loving this time of year right now in St. Louis..... Blues are in the playoffs and the Cards are doing really well so far.  Like I said, not a big sports fan, but it is fun seeing all the blue and red and reading all the facebook and twitter posts about... Yay for Team Spirit!!!

8. My plate is really full this month- I am still watching D three days a week until the 27th.  My school semester is wrapping up.  I started my new job.  I am taking my Elementary Education Praxis later this month.  I am finishing up the paperwork to receive my Masters of Education in August, I am finishing up my Teacher Work Sample so I can receive my teaching certification, I am filling out teaching applications to hopefully get a job next school year (prayers needed please), I am taking a class at my church, and that doesn't include cleaning, cooking, laundry, and all that other normal everyday stuff.... Whew!

9.  As mentioned, I am taking a class at my church.  It starts tonight and goes for 8 weeks.  It is one of two classes that are requirements to get involved with a ministry.  I want to be a greeter or work in the church book store, so I am taking it.  Will tell you more about it next week.

10.  I love receiving comments on my blog, but rarely get them.... so lease me a comment please and tell me whats on your mind this monday.

Have a good week!

No comments: